Monday, 2 September 2013

Orange a-peel

So, here it is, Day 2 of the 31 Day Challenge and it is definitely not one on my happy list. Orange. I don't know why but me and orange just don't seem to get along so great. I think orange is alright, orange thinks I'm alright but we just can't seem to get past a little flirting to be in a serious 'liking' of each other. But, nonetheless, into the breach I go.

I've chosen to use my favourite Orange today, Lilypad Lacquer's Orange a-peel. This is a bright orange Holo from the Colour my world collection. As I stated earlier, I'm not a big fan of orange but I do like this one. This is three coats of Orange a-peel without top coat. Now, I tried to do a lot of different things with this polish today but I couldn't seem to get them to work with this polish. It applies beautifully and smoothly but when I tried to do striping with it, it just would not work. It didn't matter how long I left it or what top coat I used with it, when using striping tape it was just never dry enough.

I've paired it up with Savvy Rock & Roll which I recently managed to nab at Priceline for $1. Rock & Roll contains micro-fine Black Glitter and small and medium Gold hex glitters in a black tinted Jelly base. For this mani I layered one generous coat of Rock & Roll over two coasts of my go-to black Picture Polish Mr Big Black and Seche Vite. The glitters in this are wonderful and I had no curls at all.

I like the way it stops Orange a-peel from being too outrageous; it is only the beginning of Spring after all and this is definitely a summer shade. Plus, for $1, I'm certainly happy with it. What do you think? Is it worth $1?

Well that's day 2 down. I hope that I can keep up as the challenges get more focused. I'm facing a lot of things I've never even tried before, so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Before you go, please take the time to check out some of the other wonderful nails today.

Until tomorrow,

Where to buy:

Lilypad Lacquer's are available at the Etsy store here.

Savvy nail Polish is available at Priceline stores and their online store.

2 comments:

  1. I have problems with orange too, however you did a great job! Either I try a down-played orange tone (which is just uninspiring) or I go for the major glitter bomb that screams HALLOWEEN!! On me, orange is pretty much just an accent color. Now apricot, on the other hand...I love me some apricot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apricot! Why didn't I think of that? It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's not a big Orange fan.

      Delete