Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Oh no... yellow

In my post yesterday I talked about how orange and I could flirt a little but not get along. Today, I cannot say the same. Yellow and I are like the one night stand that you hate yourself for. You gave it a go once and immediately said "NEVER AGAIN!" But, we had to have a little fling today so I quickly chose to bite the bullet and use both of the only yellows I have in my collection.

On my pinky and index fingers I've used three coats of a standard yellow creme Faux-PI yellow that I bought in China last year which I've topped with one coat of Revlon Pineapple Fizz. Pineapple Fizz is a scented yellow glitter polish.

On my middle fingers I've used two coats of Butter London Scuppered, a bronze toned micro fine glitter polish with slightly larger green glitters. All have been topped with Seche Vite.

Overall, I'm fairly unimpressed by Scuppered. It applied smoothly and evenly but I found the bottle to be awkward to hold and frankly, even at the lower price I managed to get it, not worth the money. There a lot of more expensive polishes that I can always see the value in but with Scuppered- I don't know. It hasn't exactly given me the best impression of Butter London. I'll have to try another to see if this was just a bad fluke.

With that, I bid adieu to my half-assed attempt at Yellow. Thankfully that means the end of my acquaintance/enemy polishes for the challenge so it should be smoother sailing from now on.

Do take a look at the other participants who have a much better relationship with yellow than I do.

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment