Thursday, 5 September 2013

It had to be blue

Just a quick one today. Blue. It had to be blue. Since starting my collection in earnest a few months ago I've found that no matter what I do I always, without fail, end up buying more blue polishes than any other colour. I LOVE blue nail polish. I don't know why exactly, it just seems to speak to me. So that of course made today's challenge particularly difficult. I knew that if I had to choose my blues I would never get this one done so I forced myself to use the newest blue I'd collected and the blue I'm using for test stamping.

Results below!

First up, I used my newest blue Revlon Colorstay Coastal Surf on all fingers; three coats topped with Seche Vite. I'm quite impressed with the quality of the Revlon colorstays that I've tried. The formula is really smooth and it applies very easily thanks mainly to the slightly wider brush which I do quite love.

Also, I think the name for this one is perfect. It completely reminds me of that tropical blue surf you'd expect on a private beach somewhere. Completely refreshing.

I then experimented a bit with stamping and half moons. I haven't done either before so this is definitely a 'work in progress' sort of look.

The stamp I used was plate A, I got off ebay here. For all the stamping and half moons I used Glam Nails Original Sin which is a lovely dark blue with the slightest shimmer to it. I've only used one coat here which looked fine in person though I probably could have used two for the photos.

Overall, I'm relatively happy with my first attempts. I won't be entirely happy until they're perfect but that's what makes this a work in progress. Any tips for improving are always appreciated.

Well that's it for me. Do take a look at the other Blue manis.

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment