Wednesday, 4 September 2013

I see trees of green

I know I'm not being overly creative today but there was nothing I wanted to do more today than a tree. I love green and I love trees so it was only natural.

I soon as I knew I wanted to do a tree I knew that I wanted to do something different with it so that it wasn't just a run of the mill tree. So, what was my natural conclusion? Sequins!

I was having a good hunt through my nail art box and found two pots of hex sequins in two different shades of green and I knew that they'd make the perfect leaves for my trees.

So, to start it all off I painted all my nails with three thin coats of Revlon Colorstay Bonsai, a beautiful green shade with a slight gold shimmer. This polish is super smooth to apply and it has a slightly wider, more dense brush than your average one. I then used Revlon Top Speed Spice it Up to create the trunk and branches of the tree. I wasn't overly concerned with making these super neat because I wanted the leaves to be the stars of the look.

After making sure everything was completely dry I dabbed a few spots of top coat onto the areas I wanted to concentrate the leaves. I then dipped a finger into the sequin pot and dabbed the sequins onto the top coat spots, spreading them out until I liked how they looked. I then repeated the process with my second pot of sequins but did more sparsely so the others would shine through.

Then Wa-la! Glittery tree!

In my second picture I decided to add a 'grassy tip' with A England Saint George. I couldn't do a green prompt without using this polish. It's just SO incredibly beautiful. Full swatch for your drooling pleasure below!

I've used two coats for these pictures but one generous coat would be enough. It applies very smoothly and when dry feels like glass. It's beautiful.

Is there a better green polish than this? It's so shimmery and deep and... wonderful. Not only is the polish stunning to look at and apply but the bottle and styling is so beautiful and classy. It's no wonder that everyone loves A England.

Well I think I've rambled on for long enough today. Check out the other green entries below.

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment