Thursday, 19 September 2013

Galaxy Nails and Liebster Nomination

I've got a few things for you today. First off, I have galaxy nails which I'm actually pretty happy with and second Aliquid nominated me for a Liebster award which I am super honoured and stoked about!

To the nails!

I'm still not quite sure how I ended up with my finished mani. I kept trying things until I was happy with the result. To get my finished look I used a lot of polishes. The 'blue' is Indigo Banana's Shadow which is a gorgeous purple/blue duochrome. The purple is Color Club Wild at Heart. The Little sparkles of coloured glitter are Arcane Lacquer's Luna Madness. The white is Ulta3 Lily White. The blue/white sparklies are Shades of Phoenix You're a Wizard and Sally Hansen Disco Ball.

Phew! There were just a few there. I don't think I missed any.

Check out the other Galaxy Nails below:

Now onto the questions Alison asked me:

What are your favorite colour, brand and finish?

Straight into the tough questions! My favourite Nail colour is definitely blue. I don't know why but I can't seem to pass up a blue polish. Love them. Favourite brand? Trickier, much trickier. I'll have to make that mainstream and Indies. Mainstream I'll have to say Layla. Indies I have to say... Indigo Bananas and Emily DeMolly - I couldn't choose! I love them both. Finish? Who can not love a good Holo?!

And what about your single favorite polish?

Oh how I dread this question. If I have to pick one only it has to be Sayuri #143 Snorlax. I LOVE this polish so much and it's limited so I only have one precious bottle.

What base coat, top coat and cuticle products do you like most?

I only ever use one base coat which is OPI Natural Nail Base Coat. It seems to work well for me. For Top Coat I cannot fault Seche Vite. I've got a lot of different Top Coats but it is definitely my favourite. I also really like the BK Matte Top Coat. As for cuticle products I'm a pretty bad girl. The only thing I use semi-regularly is Sally Hansen Cuticle Eliminator. There are just SO many different products that I have no idea what to use.

What made you decide to start blogging?

I'd been thinking about blogging since I discovered that Nail Blogs existed but it was this challenge that made me finally stand up and do it.

Do you have any other hobbies besides nails?

I am an avid reader. I recently read 18 books in 18 days just to see if I could do it. I also am a TV addict and ballroom dancing enthusiast.

What's your favorite type of nail art to do?

Dotticure! I was always scared to do them but now I can't wait to do another one.

What nail art technique would you most like to be really good at?

Stamping. I'm trying really hard to get better at stamping but so far I'm not doing very well.

What mani are you most proud of?

My animal print mani. I am super proud with how this turned out.

What's your biggest "nail fail"?

Oh there are so many that you haven't seen that just make me cringe. The worst I've shown is probably my stripes which just did not work:

What's your #1 goal for your blog in the future?

I really want to improve my skills; particularly with things like stamping and gradients.

Textured polish: yea or nay?

Yay! I would love to get some of the Zoya Pixie Dusts. There has to be a conspiracy against Aussie Nail lovers to make it as difficult as it is to get them here.

So, onto nominations.

The Polish Influenza

Fedora Harp

Rainy Day Nails

Erinzi's Nails

Nail Polish Society

My questions for you are:

1. Favourite Nail Polish Colour?

2. Favourite Indie Brand?

3. Favourite Commercial Brand?

4. You can save 3 polishes from a fiery death. What are they?

5. What is your favourite Nail technique?

6. How long does it take you to paint your nails?

7. What was your Nail Polish inspiration?

Well there you are. I hope you've enjoyed this post. For those I nominated, don't feel like you have to answer.

Until tomorrow,

1 comment: